3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Week 6 - MTC Update



My companion Elder Maio, me, Elder Folkman and his companion Elder Armistad

안 녕 하 세 요 !!!!!

Another week down and it flew by once again! This week was so fast but a lot changed and a lot of really neat things happened.

Last week we had to move buildings because of construction and because the Sisters had to move buildings because there were bats flying around in their building! So me and my companion moved into a new room with two Elders learning Chinese haha. They were pretty cool but then yesterday we were told by our mission president we would have to move again... In the group of missionaries coming today there is only one Native Korean elder. And so Elder Ha from our district (Who is pretty much fluent) is going to be his new companion. And so with that Me and Elder Maio are getting a third companion for the last three weeks!! Elder Smith is our new companion and we were rooming with him and Elder Ha before we moved the first time so we are really excited. But we had to move all of our stuff for a second time to move into a bigger room to fit everyone... so there is that!

With the new companion Elder Smith

This week the oldest group of Korean speaking missionaries left and so now we are the oldest group in the zone! It's crazy to think we leave in 19 days but at the same time I'm so ready to be there. The Korean is going pretty well too. Our district has been doing our best to SYL (Speak your language) and so we have been progressing a lot this last week. We get to teach two lessons with actually Korean "Maybe Investigators" so that's really exciting!!!

We had two amazing devotionals this last week and two super awesome speakers! We had Chad Lewis who played football for BYU and in the NFL on Sunday, and then yesterday Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the 12 Apostles! Chad Lewis told a lot of amazing stories from his mission and how he was impacted and changed because of all the people he met and loved. That night I couldn't sleep just feeling so amped to meet the people I will be serving.  He said his mission was more important than 9 years in the NFL and catching touchdowns to make it to the Superbowl, which blew my mind.

Elder D.Todd Christofferson's talk last night was pretty amazing too. He taught on repentance and how to help our investigators turn towards God. He also promised as we worked hard and did our best, we would see miracles every day in our lives and in the lives of our investigators.

I'm getting pretty far in the Book of Mormon (Alma chapter 23), and I just restarted it here at the M.T.C. All I can say is that book brings so much happiness and I encourage every one to read and pray about it and you will feel the power and Love of Christ as you do.

I love and miss everyone and love hearing from everyone too!

Elder Burridge

The District squad (Elder Taylor, me, Elder De La Bruere, Elder Maio and Elder Ha

Elder Ha giving me a back massage because I tweaked my back

No comments:

Post a Comment