3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Week 2 - MTC Update


Hello Everyone!!!

I just finished my second week here at the M.T.C, and everyone whose been here longer is sure right. The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. This last week went by in a flash but I for sure had a lot of awesome and inspiring moments throughout this week.

The biggest thing I've learned so far was actually the main theme of Elder Neil L. Anderson devotional to the M.T.C last night. Oh ya BTW we had an apostle speak to us last night so that was pretty amazing. Elder Anderson's message was that learning to be a missionary isn't complex, but it isn't easy. The work here has been really tough and learning the language is definitely a real challenge. But, our message and purpose is simple; To invite others to come unto Christ. Elder Anderson also told us, that even if we can't say much in our new language, if we talk about Christ and testify of him the members will feel the spirit and happiness of our messages and that's our purpose as missionaries.

I think that was pretty much directed to me and my district because we needed that confidence this week with the language. For as fast as we've learned to read and speak Korean, we still have a long way to go. The best advice we keep receiving is too not worry about where we are at and to just keep working hard and LOVE THE PEOPLE. I already feel so much love for the people of Korea and can't wait to serve and teach them.

The Last message from Elder Anderson was to believe in miracles. He encouraged us to work hard, push ourselves, don't get discouraged, and believe in miracles of Christ. While the language has been hard and I miss everyone back home so much. I know The gospel is perfect and that Missions are part of miracles.

Thanks for the emails, Dear elders, and letters, I love you all so much and hearing from you is the best.

Elder Burridge

Elder Maio is awesome and my district is literally the best, God blessed me with amazing friends here to help me through the tough times.








No comments:

Post a Comment